Thursday, April 22

Love You Purps!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my final week at the Purple Apartment. My roommates and I have been there for three years now, and the place has become sort of iconic. 

When we first saw our apartment above a Chinese restaurant it was painted a light blue. Our landlord told us that he would give the paint a touch up before we moved in. When the time came for us to move in it was bright purple. I guess it was the cheapest paint around. 

We soon came to love the colour, and quickly had a purple party. Since then we've had many themed parties at Purple: plaid party, hat party, surprise birthday parties, dinner parties, and a place-to-drink-downtown parties. Last weekend was our final party and it was a keg party. It was by far our biggest party yet, and many of our friends came out to say goodbye to the place.

I became sentimental, and kind of creepy, about halfway through that night of the keg. I took my friend Marc into the kitchen and told him that this is where I met him, and I'm glad we became friends. (Although now I realize I met him at Andy Poolhall). I hugged too many people. We had a sentimental dance party in Kaitlyn's room.

Some of my favourite memories at this place are random and didn't seem important at the time. Macey, Kavi and I dressed up in costumes one night and took pictures on Kavi's Macbook. Kavi and I had a solo taco night. Kaitlyn and I watched way too much television together. There were many walks of shame, many late night conversations, and lots of love. 

Thanks Purps, you were great. 

No comments: