Tuesday, July 6

THE HEAT!

It is incredibly hot right now. Or, as the random man in the elevator yesterday put it, "this heat is insufferably inhumane." Lucky for me, though, I have a tall fan and a long reading list. 

This is the first summer that I have decided to take both Spring and Summer classes in an attempt to actually graduate from Ryerson. I would be fine with it, seeing as though I only work once or twice a week, if it wasn't for this gosh darn heat. I originally pictured myself writing my essays in a field of flowers, orange popsicle in hand, while working on my freckle tan. Now I find myself sitting indoors watching too many reruns of Wizards of Waverly Place.

What is great are the moments when I forget the heat, forget that I am indoors, and find myself immersed in the book I'm reading. I'm trying to locate Roth's America, you know, West America. West, Jewish, sex-obsessed, Zuckerman America. I'll find it yet. 

Until then, I will write my essay that is due on Monday, read some more epic poems and maybe buy a smoothie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.