I've been dabbling in a vegetarian lifestyle for a few years now, but always seem to waver back and forth. Some people have criticized this as being undisciplined, but just like I've had moral qualms about the meat industry, I've also had problems with placing blanket restrictions on my diet.
I'm watching Spain...On the Road Again right now, the show that follows Gwyneth Paltrow and friends around as they try different foods. There was this scene where Gwyneth was saying that eating lamb was cruel and she had a disagreement with Mario Batali about soy milk. Yet, at the same time she was eating cheese and fish. I was curious about her diet. Is she a vegan? Vegetarian? Crazy?
What I found out is that she follows a microbiotic diet. It's a diet that reduces meat intake, or restricts it all together, and promotes whole grains, beans, fruit and fish. It seems like a diet that I could follow. Or, sorry, lifestyle change.
No comments:
Post a Comment