Tuesday, January 5

Discovering Family


Living in Toronto has often made me feel estranged from my family, which is a feeling I don't like. I've been thinking lately of doing my Masters at Western University just so I can be closer to Woodstock (and maybe I'll get a sweet apartment like my brother). But thanks to my great idea of switching programs I have at least one extra semester slabbed onto my undergrad and I must stay in this big city I have come to love.

How will I ever make it?

Well, I discovered I have family here at the not-so-trendy East end of Toronto. When coming back from Christmas holidays most of my family piled into my car (including Nanny), one seat-belt for two, and we went to visit my great-uncle Raymond. Oh, you haven't heard of him? Neither had I.

What we discovered is that I have an extremely interesting relative just a streetcar ride away, who is filled with stories from the war and pictures of my Grandfather. Not only that, but apparently we go to the same polish bakery/hangout, Futures Bakery. Ray also told me of a great polish bakery is Roncesvalles Village called Granowska's Bakery and Cafe. I can't wait to walk in a Melski and leave a Melska.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family is very important, I am glad you found some close to where you are. It makes being away a little easier.