Sunday night I went to the 2010 MMVAs, and I think I found another type of Bieberite: the pubescent Bieber. During his time in the press room, Bieber told us reporters that "I'm no exception, my voice is changing. Everyone hits puberty." It's great to hear a celebrity embracing reality instead of trying to be perfect (even if Bieber is pretty perfect).
The red carpet was crazy this year, with Katy Perry showing up in an ice cream truck and a live performance by Stereos. The band was situated directly in front of me, which was pretty awesome, and the more I talked to Stereos and heard people talk to them, the more I liked them. They were very self-deprecating, while being upbeat at the same time. Weird combination, yes, but it worked for me. The one guy even told us how he married his love-that-got-away this year in Vegas.
A guy from AndPop beside me made Justin Bieber a fake ID, which was pretty funny. He sent it into the MuchMusic abyss, hoping that it made it's way to Bieber.
Once again, MTV provided the nicest celebrities. Whitney Port was stunning in person and just as nice as she is on her show. When asked to give advice to interns on how to 'make it,' she honestly answered "I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't have a whole team behind me pushing my career. I can't really give advice." She eventually did give advice, telling interns that they will have to sacrifice some personal life in order to make it, but it's worth it if it's your dream. I love her. She also totally dissed Spencer and Heidi, calling them liars, and then saying "What? I'm only stating a fact. They lie."
Here are some pictures from the night, I'll post later with my BOP and Tiger Beat coverage.

No comments:
Post a Comment