I've started a new job, one that I never thought I would have. I have vivid memories of watching movies set in the 1950s as a girl, looking at the receptionists in their pencil skirts and curled hair, thinking "I never want to be like them." To be fair, I wasn't one of those prodigy feminists - I wanted to be more like the housewives - I just didn't like the feeling of the women dressing up to work under men.
For the past few weeks I've been working as a receptionist at a boutique accounting firm in Yorkville. If you add the Yorkville-enforced dress code with the fact that I'm actually doing math at a job after my degree in Arts and Contemporary Studies, it comes to a surprisingly exciting endeavor. The people are great, and I'm so busy that the days really do go by quickly.
What I miss, though, are the days when I only have a few hours of class and I can go to a coffee shop early, spend my time reading before I have leisurely coffee dates with friends. But I get free coffee here. So there.

1 comment:
Be happy!
I spend so much time doing nothing since I only have a few classes!
Post a Comment