Despite my protests against virtual books, and my love of my second-hand book collection, I have begun reading books online. While I still cramp books into any size bag to keep with me at all times, I also spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen and need to inject a little prose into my life every now and then.
I just finished D.H. Lawrence's The Fox. To keep my place I wrote down the last line I read.The quotations sound quite pretty together and pretty much summarize the plot:
- "Meanwhile he was talking softly and smoothly to Banford, who loved nothing so much as gossip"
- "Yes, thank God. And when he's gone he'll never come to this house again."
- "The boy outside could hear the stifled sounds of the woman's sobbing."
- "'Oh, I don't think so,' said March, straightening herself and wiping her arm over her hot brow."
- "Something was missing. Instead of her soul swaying with life, it seemed to drop, to bleed, as if it were wounded"
Next, I'm moving on to H.G. Wells' The Time Machine. It's the first work considered science fiction (and apparently I like authors who have two initials in their names).

No comments:
Post a Comment