Tuesday, March 22

Sibling Rivalry


My old roommate Jason gave me his copy of Jane Eyre as we were moving out almost a year ago and I've still yet to read it. The Bronte sisters seem to be these figures that I love simply based on their biography. Collaborative writing and breaking of gender stereotypes really get me. The movie is being heavily promoted right now - I have my Jane Eyre book mark from Indigo to prove it - which makes me nervous that I've yet to get around to reading it.

The blogging world has informed me of a Wuthering Heights movie coming out soon, which is the only Bronte novel I've ever read. My siblings and I can be competitive with each other (because we're all that awesome), but never to the point of publishing Canonical books in the same year, yet...

The painting above is done by the Bronte brother, and is rightly titled "Sibling Rivalry."


No comments: