Monday, May 3

Corinne Bailey Rae


Last week Nastassia and I went to see Corinne in concert and had the best night ever. We were running a little late because we both had exams, and then didn't really know where the Queen Elizabeth Theatre was. I knew that it was near the Ex, so we just headed in that direction.

After getting off the street car we met such nice girls named Michelle and Chantelle. Together we found the theatre and made it in time to hear the last song of the opening act. Who this singer was, I have no idea. I do know that he feels "red" though.

The girl at the snack bar was also incredibly nice. Nastassia bought me a sour key and bought herself something to eat, but didn't want to pay the outrageous amount for some water. So the girl working bought her a bottle of juice. Just because. How nice is that?

The best part of the night, though, was the concert. Corinne was amazing, making us never want to leave the theatre. Before the concert she was playing frisby in the park and ran into a fan, and she pointed him out in the audience during the show. I just want to be her best friend, is that too much to ask? (And maybe have her sing me to sleep every night)

No comments: