It was my friend Sara's birthday this week and we all headed down to Hamilton to celebrate it with her. Sara has been one of my best friends since I was 11 years old, and what I love about her is how she is always herself. For her big 22nd day she had a vintage dress shortened and took us to a Motown night.
The night started off great with Mojitos and cupcakes, and a little visit from the fire department. It turned out to be a faulty detector, but it was fun. I always say that every birthday party has drama, and lucky for us this was the drama of the night. Yep, that means no cat fights, no boy drama and no one drank too much.
Dancing to the old school music in a dimly lit, overly heated bar made me nostalgic for Clinton's Shake-a-Tail night. This Hamilton version was just as good, maybe even better because I was with my best friends.
I made everyone give peace signs in my pictures, I thought it would represent Sara being 22. I now feel we just look overly happy.
I love you Sara, have a great 22nd year!
No comments:
Post a Comment