Friday, May 28

Summer Book Club 2010

This summer Gint and I have revived the book club, but paired it down and created a theme. "Book we should have read by now" is our new mantra. Our first book is Woman in Bronze by Gint's Dad Antanas Sileika. Yes, he really should have read this by now. Then we are to move onto Great Expetations, Pride and Prejudice and Maurice by E. M. Forster.

Since we are both in summer school and working we capped the list at four books. Sometimes you just have to be realistic. The problem so far, though, is that I'm still reading Anna Karenina, making it hard to start anything else. Tolstoy really knows how to write almond butter fiction. It's good stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ah! so many classics. I'm reading The Sun Also Rises right now and I'm really enjoying it so far!

Michelle Melski said...

ooh, I have always wanted to read that. Let me know how it is.