Saturday, October 16

Tarragon Theatre



I've just discovered Tarragon Theatre. I'm not sure if it is this endearing video or their Joan Didion play that pulled me in, but I have this desire to see everything.

I was always in theatre when I was younger, as some of my siblings are now. The difference between us Melskis is that I wasn't very good. It was always fun, though. There is this great theatre company in Woodstock called CAST that gives children and teenagers a chance to sing and act (or, like I did, do a little blacklight and stomp dancing). There's something really special about growing up in the theatre, or even just going to see a show, and I feel like now I need to get back into the groove of things.

I love that Tarragon Theatre puts on Canadian plays and also offers an artist and student discount. This kind of community building always pulls at my heart strings (tuned to the melancholic A minor). I can't wait for an hour or two of magical thinking.