As I was walking to school Tuesday morning through Allen Gardens I saw an elephant roaming around. At first I thought nothing of it, but then realized that usually I just see squirrels. Someone was filming some sort of movie there, I guess, and made the Botanical Gardens look like an Indian temple. This set the tone for a very fun day for me.
After a meeting at school, Gint and I went to the Distillery District to buy tickets for Death of a Salesman and stayed for the atmosphere. It had been a while since I've been to that area of town - even though it is really just a walk from my apartment - and there were some new sculptures in front of which we could eat lunch. Overly expensive lunch, by the way.
Eventually our day trip turned into a heated discussion about whether or not there is any real difference between Modernism and it's Post-friend, and if the study of humanities overall is of value. (Of course, we are humanities students, so in general our answer was yes to both). This made us feel better about our usual gossip sessions.
I did have class that day, too, but I can't really remember anything about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment