Once upon a time - well, once a year - comes a time that rivals all other times in my agenda. It's the Cabbagetown festival.
After living in the same place for almost 3 years, I've grown a sense of emotional attachment to my area of Toronto. Cabbagetown may be filled with run down dollar marts and people in dollar clothing, but it is equally filled with abundance. I just don't live in the nice part. Nonetheless, my sense of attachment to the ever gentrified area seems to be growing, and with a lot of help from it's yearly festival.
I worked the weekend of the Cabbagetown festival, but woke up early each day to join in on the festivities. Some days by choice, others by the incessant drumming that was barreling from Parliament Street. I had breakfast at Johnny G's while sitting on the road, I perused the rich folk's homes at their garage sales and took a look at art and jewelery. It was a grand old time.
No comments:
Post a Comment