
Fellow Torontonians, have you seen green ears on posts around town? I have to be honest, I haven't thought much about them. Toronto is brimming with ads for your mom's hand cream, new television shows and conspiracy theories, so I figured it was one of the above. I was wrong.
These green ears are a part a something called the "Murmur Project." All through the city - and in many other cities in Canada - these ears are placed in different neighbourhoods or villages. There's a number listed on the ear that you can call (we all have cell phones now, right?). On the line will be a personal story about something that happened in the area.
The site calls it "history from the ground up, told by voices that are often overlooked when stories of cities are told." The project breathes life into a city that can sometimes seem over-crowded or distant.
I can't wait to find one and call the line. If only Cabbagetown had a murmur...
1 comment:
Wow! What a great project. Public history initiatives like this are so important. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment