The other week I ran into my friend Kaitlyn on campus and a wonderful day and back-of-the-mind blog post ensued. Kaitlyn was shopping for a baby shower gift, and I love babies, so it was a great match. After exhausting the mall - did we really expect to find something there? - we decided to head to Queen West.
We went to Kolkid and I was glad to be able to break the heat in there for almost an hour. Seriously, if you need a gift for a child, go there. There were so many unique and adorable toys and child accessories that it makes it really hard to choose one thing. So we didn't. Kaitlyn got two adorable things that I cannot disclose yet (the baby shower has not happened yet).
If I had tons of money I would have bought this bear for myself. It is flat and incredibly soft. Touching it is like melting into a bag of non-stick cotton candy.
After we sadly parted with that store, we decided to be big spenders and go out for lunch. We found the cutest little backyard cafe and ate our fill of hearty foods. I can't remember what it's called, but Kaitlyn does, so maybe I'll come back and let you know later. Or maybe I should just go back and have some more quiche.

No comments:
Post a Comment