Saturday, August 28

Goodbyes and Grown Ups




Adulthood comes at you at such slow a pace that it's startling when it appears. I always thought that I would wake up one morning in my twenties and realize that I'm not a child anymore. Yet, I feel perpetually like a teenager. It takes the influence of those around me to convince me otherwise.

This weekend marks the end of summer and the end of our carefree living. Two friends are moving away and moving up in the world. Audra is going to be a fancy-pants cool lawyer and is off to Victoria for law school. Sara is a postgrad moving to Kingston to build a life. Seriously, how did we get this old?

I've learned that the true test of friendship is time and distance. If you can stay friends without talking for months, you've made it. Good luck ladies, you'll do great!

No comments: