
Tomorrow marks the first day of my journey to Cape Breton. In an attempt to prepare for the two-day long train ride - that was 60% discounted... thank you VIA Rail strike - I've been filling my iPod with new music.
First I turned to iTunes. I thought, why not help some artists out and actually pay for their music? Of course I instantly turned to the it-song of the summer, I Gotta Feeling. It was not a good night. The song was not $1, but $1.29. Really, iTunes?
The next step for me was to turn to downloading. However, my computer is as old as my high school classmates' children, so that didn't work out too well.
Luckily, I have a 60s obsessed roommate, and she let me raid her CD stash. I picked up some Jefferson Airplane, Peter, Bjorn & John, Grizzly Bear, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and, oddly enough, the soundtrack to The Royal Tenenbaums.
Here's to free, and not even stolen, music.
1 comment:
It's funny, eh?
Buying music these days. It's almost like we're donating to the artist, since we have no real obligation to pay for it.
Post a Comment