
I don't know about you, but after I get out of the shower I feel clean, but also really dry. I thought that it was just the water that was drying my skin out. That's right, I reasoned that water was relinquishing my body of water. Who would have thought I was wrong?
My friend Evelyn let me know of a disturbing fact: most body washes, face cleansers, even moisturizers use sodium lauryl sulphate or other types of sulphate as a main ingredient. Sulphate is what creates the "cleansing" suds and bubbles that we all love. But in actuality, while we think we're getting cleaner, we are rubbing a toxic substance all over ourselves.
Sulphate can cause allergic reactions, cold sores, rashes, eczema, and other crazy reactions. Why, then, is it in such wide use?
It's a matter of money, of course. The drier our skin feels, the more lotion we are going to buy. The itchier our scalp feels, the more conditioner we are going to use.
I think it's ridiculous that companies are knowingly damaging our skin for profit. If you would like to actually clean your skin and hair without killing it, check out some of these sodium lauryl sulphate free products.
No comments:
Post a Comment