
With the hopes of seeing the world, I've been hard at work trying to master - or at least vaguely comprehend - another language. Learning to speak French has been an uphill battle. Je suis montée, je suis tombée, et je suis remontée. I'm currently in my second class, FRE201, and have my final exams next week.
Being bilingual is something that I've always wanted to be, but had the mentality that is was for other people. It wasn't until my friend Gint and I had a shared joke that saying "it's for other people" is a sure sign that you're from a small town that I reconsidered my options and signed up for French class. Best decision ever.
Not only are people extra friendly in language classes (maybe because it's a common struggle), but I'm finding that for the first time in my life I can have basic conversations in a language other than English. I have a lot more learning to go, but I'm on my way; hopefully to being an Au Pair someday. But for now, I just want a croissant already...
No comments:
Post a Comment