Wednesday, June 3

What Happens When You Try to Be Stealth

I went to Anthropologie today to research an article I am writing on them. I'm profiling them for Remote Stylist and really just love any excuse to peruse the romantic store. I got a tour of all the houseware items by the Housewares manager and hadn't told him that I work at Urban Outfitters.

Trying to impress him with my knowledge of Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters (they are part of the same company), I sounded like I did a lot of research for the interview. Then in came a worker from the store. Turns out one of my favourite past co-workers has switched from Urban to Anthropologie and happened to be working today. Needless to say, she blew my cover.

I was planning on telling him where I work, I just hadn't yet. I swear. It was an awkward exchange after that.

No comments: