There is a special place where intellectuals meet and discuss literature, art and music. That place had its "doors open" yesterday. It's called the Arts and Letters Club.
Okay, so it's not such a secret place, but it is magical nonetheless. Gint and I were exploring the citywide Doors Open event yesterday, and made our last stop the Arts and Letters Club. Once inside, we were greeted by authors, illustrators, painters, musicians... all the kind of people I like. I oozed envy and awe in front of them.
We listened to Elizabeth Miller talk of vampire literature as the author of On Beyond Darwin, J.N. Patterson Hume, sat beside me. Miller is known around the world for her expertise on Bram Stoker's Dracula. The talk was fascinating and made me re-think any Edward Cullen loving I've hid inside.
To become a member of the club one must know a member and be sponsored. My new life goal is to become friends with a member - and I'll bring Gint along with me for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment