Friday, May 15

Sleep Talking

I've been sleep talking my whole life. As a teenager I was afraid I was going to spill my underage secrets during my slumbers. But my night life didn't stop there. I've woken up in strange rooms and even in our backyard shed. I have gone to bed in pajamas and woken up dressed.

Last year I slept in a loft bed, so I think that cured the sleepwalking. So far I haven't woken up in any of my roommates rooms. I guess I'm waiting for a hot new roommate.

For the past week I've been semi-consciously sleep talking. Last night I dreamed that a lion wanted my blood. The lion was Edward and I was Bella, except there was no love shared. I was running away from him and a car pulled up. It was my aunt Jean and my cousin Danny. I hopped in the car.

The thing with this dream is that I haven't thought of those relatives in a while. There was some family drama that I was unaware of in my early teens that has separated our two families. I miss them a lot, and I think this dream was my way of reminding me.

The lion eventually caught the car, flipped it over and began to eat me. I was yelling in my sleep and then awoke.

I guess the moral of this story is that you have to be careful if you sleep in the same room as me.

No comments: