The night was Friday. The hour was late. I had come home in a fluster after work, with a bit of a headache. Going out was not on my mind. But the upbeat air in my apartment lifted my spirits as my friends laughed and talked. We found a radio station that played only Madonna. Magic.
A few of us were lagging behind when it was time to head out to the bar. I stayed, for I had the keys to lock the door. We got to the streetcar stop after some others had already left, on their way to meet some friends at Bistro. It did not take long for another car to come, and we glady got on it. But when we got to church street we found that there was an accident blocking the way. No one was hurt. Magic.
We deliberated for a while about what to do and I decided to ask the streetcar driver if there is any way we could not have to pay again if we wanted to take the Dundas streetcar. He looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said "sure." He took out five transfers and puched out a series of holes. We received a magic transfer.
At Dundas, we walk onto the streetcar and our magic transfers work. The driver stops us though and says that we don't want to get on this car. We ask why. He tells us that it is short turning onto College. Magic. That is where Bistro is located.
1 comment:
I'm still tingling from that night.
Post a Comment