Monday, July 20

It's A Zoo in Here!


I've lived in Toronto for almost 3 years now, but have never gone to the zoo. Until now.

I went last week with my cousin Trisha, her boyfriend Ken and their daughter Alana. While waiting in the enormous line to get in, Trisha and I were getting really excited about the polar bears and the sharks. Alana was really just there so we wouldn't look weird. I finally understand the beauty of having children.

As we grabbed our discounted tickets (thank you Metro Pass), we were informed that the Polar Bears weren't being shown until August. Great.

After consoling Trisha, we had a great time as spectators at the animal jail. I mean, sanctuary. The monkeys showed off with their acrobatic tricks, while the lions and tigers lazed for our amusement. The jaguar freaked me out, it looked like it was a giant version of my cat Jane. The sharks would have been awesome to see, but it was an extra fee, so we skipped them.

Oh, and I ate pizza. It was a big deal for me.

Really, though, it was just wonderful to spend time with people who are important to me and to witness what a happy, beautiful baby Alana has become.



Yeah, Alana touched a snake.

No comments: