Monday, July 6

On the Fringe of Being Uncomfortable


This being the season of the Fringe festival, I was invited by a friend to see an independent, small budget play last night. It was called Red Bastard. It was a one-man-show... or should I say one-demonic-clown-show.

Dressed in a red onesie with rubber balls placed around his body under the suit, Red Bastard was something I've never seen before. He pushed the audience to new heights of awkwardness and made a girl make-out with him.

Touching topics of national security, the nature of the truth, knowing oneself and other topics that are usually too deep for a clown, Red Bastard made us questions the world we live in while making us cringe at the same time.

Not that I would see it again, but it was definitely worth the trip to experience some independent art that was interactive. This festival is a do-again for sure.

No comments: