Thursday, July 9

Life's A Beach


I recently took a trip up to Muskoka to do research for Remote Stylist on cottage decor. Solange (another intern) and I took a gorgeous train ride up to meet our boss Kelly, and from there Kelly drove us out on her boat to her cottage.

For two days I basked in the sun(less) air, in a world that either has no price tag or a very large one. I haven't decided yet. Even if there weren't many UVA rays to absorb, I did absorb so much beautiful decor that it was worth spending the time indoors. These cottage folk really know how to dress up a home.

Perhaps my favourite part of cottage decor is the bunkies. These are stand-alone bedrooms located on a person's property that are decorated with cheek and charm. I'm going to be writing an article on them, so you can learn more about them later.


I've always been jealous of the people who jet off to their friends' cottages for weekends, as if it is a normal part of life. Now that I know what it's like, I'm even greener. So, if you have a cottage and would like some company, I'll gladly be your friend.




No comments: