Happy April Fools Day!
Usually on this day I am weary of peanut butter on the bottom of door handles or plastic toys in my cereal. But since I no longer live with the family, I figured I was safe from any childish trickery.
How wrong I was.
My day starts at 11am on Wednesdays when I go to my Art of Writing Life lecture. I like these hump days and their late start. Today, however, I had to quickly go to Queen and Spadina to hand in some papers at my work. It was 9:30 by the time I managed to uncharacteristically throw on some jeans and leave my house. As I turned onto Parliament St, I saw that the street car was just arriving. Perfect.
The fool in me forgot that it was the start of a new month. I didn't have a new Metropass. So I paid $2.75 to hand in a few pieces of paper and walked to school in the rain.
Still, it beats peeing on plastic wrap।
*Here's an update on my April Fools Day. Much too late in the day (it is past noon), I was tricked yet again with this article. I read the first few lines, felt a state of shock come on, and then was reminded of the date. Funny read though.
1 comment:
Welcome back
Post a Comment