I read the novel The Lovely Bones when I was 13 years old. At the time, whenever I was asked to cite my favourite book I always answered with a tie between this and Ella Enchanted. The latter's film remake was fun, but a little disappointing. The Lovely Bones film seems more promising.
Originally, Ryan Gosling was supposed to play the father, Jack Salmon. Which is funny, because his attempt at music is titled Dead Man's Bones. Nonetheless, he had to drop out - after gaining an obscene amount of weight for the role - to be replaced by Marky Mark. I would have preferred Gosling, but this will do.
For those of you who haven't read it, SHAME. But the premise of the book and the film is that 14 year old Suzie Salmon is murdered by her neighbour and you get to follow her to Heaven. There (and this is the part I like most about the book) she can make Heaven whatever makes her happiest. The tension is derived from the fact that Suzie can watch her family, and her murderer, while they deal with her death.
I won't say anymore, you should read it and find out! Or, see the film when it comes out in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment