My friend Kitty had a line show on Tuesday,Vesture, and my roommate Kaitlyn went to see it. She said it was great. But Kitty is always great.
Oh, and I sat behind Rick Campanelli.


UND tastefully walked on the border between eccentric and wearable. Pieces from each outfit could be adpapted into an average wardrobe, but some pieces are only for the daring. It was a crowd favourite, getting finger whistles and hoots.


Tassoni Brasil was the most ready-to-wear line of the night. I could see myself in almost all of the outfits. Some would need an absence of carbs, but they are cute nonetheless. It was also one of the few shows that had male models... it was a wonderful sight.


I would have to say that Magpie was my favourite of the night! The paper-mache-esque outfits were shuffled daintily down the catwalk. Energy seemed to be elevated and still during the show, and the designer herself was as cute as the clothes!




I loved this next line, Kristy Mckenzie. It was bright, fun and floral. I want a pair of the floral shoes, but not sure how well they would go over in real life.


Here's a look at the interesting pieces from some of the other lines. Salvation had a little girl in their final outfit, who pretended to launch a grenade at the end of the catwalk and fell dead. She was picked up by one of the models during the final walk. I kept thinking, though, that this is going to do some psychological damage to the girl. Especially as I saw her watch the final line.The last show, IMAGOzine, had a lot of creepy outfits, some my stomach could not handle. I liked their tiered, pin-stripe cake dress though. It was kind of neat.

No comments:
Post a Comment