My nerves felt like a freshly tuned violin this morning, I could feel the tight vibrations. I had an interview with the founder of The Remote Stylist, which is a home decor magazine/one-stop home makeover site. I went into the interview having memorized the website, font colour and all. There were three story ideas I could pitch scribbled down in my notebook and I carried with me two samples of my writing.
None of these things were needed. The interview went smoothly and I can now call myself an intern.
The Remote Stylist is an online site that focuses on its "Style File" section. There, people can send in pictures of their homes or rooms they would like to change. There are eight interior designers on staff, who work to beautify the rooms submitted. The designers send back options for paint colours, accessories, furniture... whatever is asked for by the client.
The rest of the website is dedicated to keeping the readers updated on the latest home trends, designers and colours. This is where I am going to work. We are having a meeting next week to introduce all of the staff, so I'll know more then. But I do know that I will be writing up to three articles a week. My portfolio better cut out some carbs because it's about to get fat!
I'll post details as I get them. For now, take a look at remotestylist.com. The site is under construction, but is fabulous nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment