Monday, April 20

Revelations

It's been a weekend for revelations. Now that it's Monday, and I'm not working, I've had some time to reflect on the many things I've learned this weekend.

My first revelation came this Saturday as I was walking along Queen St West with my friend Macey. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so we had a lot to catch up on. Macey is an eternal student, always seeking new knowledge. She has such a wide knowledge of art, and it made me realize that I know nothing about art. I've always prided myself for continually trying to learn about the world around me, but I guess I was passing on the world of art. That art world effects so much of the rest of the world, the literature I read, and the people I meet that I really should be paying more attention.

I've also realized that I need to tone down my passive aggressiveness. I can get so caught up in a fight or a grievance that I don't realize that my post-it notes and passing comments are half the problem. If only art had taught me that sooner...

Finally, I've realized how lucky I am to have such supportive friends. I hung out with a wide range of people this weekend, and every single one of them were amazing. I have friends that will never judge me, no matter how weird I am. I have friends that will always show up on the weekend, even if it is just to say hi. And I have friends who keep me thoroughly entertained at a bar when I am only drinking water.

If this is how the first weekend with t-shirt weather turned out, bring on the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were drinking water!?

Man, I didn't get as drunk as I wanted to for my birthday, and YOU weren't even drinking!