I have celebrated Lent every year since I was a child (minus last year- I forgot about until it was just about Easter. Let's blame it on essays). And by celebrated I mean relished in the fact that I can practice self-restraint.
I've given up many things over the years, most of which has been something edible. But nothing has compared to the torture that has been the last month. I love television. It allows me to be unproductive for an hour a day, blissfully immersed in the lives of pre-packaged characters. I chose to leave this facet of my life switched off for a while for a few reasons.
(1) Lent coincides with essay and exam time. I have been keeping up with my readings, both for school and leisure.
(2) Purely to test my will power.
As 2009s 40 days of piousness comes to a close, I find myself reminiscing about the good old days. Days that were "Legen...wait for it (and sorry if you are lactose-intolerant) ...dary.
So here's a list of all the things I miss about my most lethargic moments:
How I Met Your Mother
I was a fan of the show since it premiered, but only became a devote follower last summer. I strive to have a group of friends like this one.
(It's time for an intervention...)
Big Love
This is the exact poster that hangs in my living room. The same room in which my television resides.
Coincidence?
30 Rock
I want to go there.
Finally...
Sonny With a Chance
I have yet to see the newest Disney show. Demi Lovato seems like she would be adorable in this comedy about a girl who gets her big break in a sketch comedy show.
I would watch it with my little sister.
(And secretly stream it alone in my room)
I was a fan of the show since it premiered, but only became a devote follower last summer. I strive to have a group of friends like this one.(It's time for an intervention...)
Big Love
This is the exact poster that hangs in my living room. The same room in which my television resides.Coincidence?
30 Rock
Finally...
Sonny With a Chance
I have yet to see the newest Disney show. Demi Lovato seems like she would be adorable in this comedy about a girl who gets her big break in a sketch comedy show.I would watch it with my little sister.
(And secretly stream it alone in my room)
3 comments:
your blog is very interesting! love it!
Thanks! Your blog is neat too! Love the pictures of the dog!
I guess your friends now are sub par?
Are we not HIMYN enough for you?
♥
Post a Comment